Sow the seeds of Neuroscience, Make everyone N-Literate (Neuroscience Literate)
Inspiring Minds of All Ages
- Brain Museum is the only one-of-its kind in India
- Once in a life time experience for visitors: guided tour available
- Open to School/College students, children & general public
A Day at the Brain Museum
- A journey into a unique treasure trove of exhibits of human brain:
- Touch & Feel the Real Human Brain: Live Neuroanatomy demonstrations.
- Exhibits of 400+brain specimens of various diseases, collected over 40 years.
- Added attraction: Smokers lungs, Pancreas, Kidneys, Heart, Voice box, Liver, Intestine & Human Skeleton
- Electron Microscope & Micrographs of Nerve cell and organelles.
- Displays for public education: Information on Brain Facts & Brain Disorders & Tips for Healthy Brain
- We earnestly appeal to individuals, trusts & corporates to donate generously to transform this Museum into the world’s best Neuroscience museum.
- Monetary contributions can be made via:
- NEFT transaction Account Name: The Director, NIMHANS; Bank Name: State Bank of India, NIMHANS Branch; Account Number: 54004640402; IFSC Code: SBIN0040675
- Cheque/DD: In favor of “Director, NIMHANS,” payable at Bangalore.
- General Information
- Step 1- Appointment Booking Form
- Step 2 - Receive Confirmation
- Step 3 - Visit Museum
Thank you for showing your interest in visiting Neuropathology Brain Museum-NIMHANS, Bangalore.
With regards to visit to Human Brain Museum, here is the procedure and instructions to be followed to book an appointment for your proposed Neuropathology Brain Museum visit.
- Book an online appointment or write an email at [email protected], requesting to permit your school for the proposed museum visit.
- Wait for the confirmation email from Neuropathology Brain Museum Staff for the with visit/appointment details and instructions.
- Instruction and procedure prior to visit to the museum.
Points to Note
- Please note students of grade-8 and above are the given permission for museum visit. The lower grades i.e., from class 1-7 are not given appointments for Museum Visit.
- Please note if the number of students per batch are more than 35, multiple visits shall be proposed. This will ensure proper management and smooth conductance of the guided tour. We don’t accept the visit when the total number of students and teacher together crosses 40 as we have space constrain. If the school has more students they should divide them into batches not crossing 40. If more than 40 students reach the museum the trip may be cancel, refusing the entry for logistics reasons.
- In case if two school simultaneously book the same slots the priority will be given on the basis of : ” First cum First service”
- Please provide the contact details of the accompanying faculty/teacher.
- School & Colleges (group bookings) are not permitted on all Saturdays (whole day) and on all Wednesday afternoons as these days, museum is exclusively reserved for the general public entry.
- We may not be able to fix the visit to the Brain Museum according to your convenience. The date will be fixed by Co-coordinator, Neuropathology Brain Museum & the school/college are expected to follow it carefully.
- This proposed schedule is valid only to visit Neuropathology Brain Museum. If one wish to visit any other facilities/Labs at NIMHANS, please contact respective Officer In Charge.
- Museum remains close on all 2nd Saturdays, Sundays & Public holidays.
- Name of the Institute/Organization
- Course/Board of study (if applicable)
- Year/Class of study (if applicable)
- Number of students/visitors
- Has your school have earlier visited the museum. If yes, please specify the number of visit/per year and also the years of visit.
- Accompanying teachers name and contact details to be mentioned in the email while booking for appointment.
- Names of the students on the letter head of the school/college, duly signed by the respective head of the institute as a word attachment should be sent.
- Foreign students sent by the respective institute should send the names of the students, Date of arrival to India, Date of Departure, and Contact Details of the students on the letter head of the school/college, duly signed by the respective head of the institute as a word attachment should be sent.
Once the date and time suggested by us has been acknowledged by the visiting institute, same can be typed on the letter head of the visiting institute, addressing to the Director-NIMHANS. This letter shall be submitted in person on day of your visit.
- Please reach the venue 30 min before the scheduled time.
- Visitors are not permitted to use their photo cameras. Mobile phones shall remain in silent mode throughout the visit
- Entry to the Human Brain Museum is FREE.
- Photography during the session or after the session is completely prohibited.
- If you are arriving by your own bus/vehicle, Mr.Ravi (Receptionist at Neurobiology Research Centre, NIMHANS-8105507430) shall assist you with the vehicle parking details once you reach the spot.
Your proposed Human Brain Museum visit shall include: Museum visit usually lasts for half a day (3 hrs).
- Let us Learn Neuroscience Together– A 1 hr. Introductory power point based lecture session by Neuropathology Brain Museum Staff.
- Touch & Feel the real Human Brain– Live Neuroanatomy demonstrations by Neuropathology Brain Museum Staff.
- A journey through diseased brains– Guided tour of Human Brain Museum by Human Brain Bank Faculties o Students & accompanying teachers/staff are free to ask their doubts during the ongoing sessions or after the session with any of the faculties involved.
- Once the visit is completed, Please send us your feedback. Your opinion is very important to us. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to evaluate changes and make necessary improvements.
Human Brain Museum (Neuropathology Brain Museum)
Neurobiology Research Centre (Ground Floor)
Human Brain Bank